petworth market CSA details
In addition to offering traditional CSA shares at several pickup locations, we're also offering Market CSA shares at the Petworth Community Market. Our 2017 Market CSA season is 29 weeks, from early May to mid-November.
How the Market CSA Works
As a Market CSA shareholder, you pay in advance to create an Owl's Nest Market CSA account, and then pick up your share by shopping at our stand at the Petworth Community Market. You choose your favorite produce items from our stand, and we debit your Owl's Nest CSA account each time you visit the market.
The Market CSA option is super flexible! You can come to the market as often as you wish and you can take whatever you want.
Please read our Market CSA Member Agreement for the nitty-gritty before purchasing a share.
Market CSA Payment Options
- Shareholders pay $675 and we add an 8% bonus, so you have a total of $729 to spend at the market.
- Shareholders pay $450 and we add a 5% bonus, so you have a total of $472.50 to spend at the market.
- Shareholders pay $340 and we add a 3% bonus, so you have a total of $350.20 to spend at the market.
We track your spending throughout the season, and we'll send you regular updates with your account balance.
Petworth Market Details
Petworth Community Farmers Market is Saturdays from 9:00am – 1:00p from May 7 – November 19 (29 weeks). It's in the 4100 block of 9th St., NW (at Georgia Ave between Upshur St. and Taylor St.)
Send us an email if you're interested in any of the following:
- Payment plans
- Reduced price shares for low income households
- Workshare arrangements (volunteering in exchange for a share)
Email us at farmers[at]owls-nest-farm[dot]com and we'll get right back to you.